Saturday, October 20, 2012

Roasted Balsamic Sweet Potatoes

I love sweet potatoes. I used to shy away from them, because they were always served with those weird little marshmallows on top. Was it dessert? Was it a veggie side? Let's just say that I'm much more of a savory sweet potato person. I tried these savory little buggers last night. So easy. So yummy in my tummy.

These sweet potatoes are cubed up and tossed in a balsamic reduction, sweetened with a little brown sugar, sprinkled with kosher salt, and then roasted to perfection in the oven. They're sweet and savory. This side dish is easy to make, but does take 40 minutes in the oven, so don't wait until the last minute to throw it together.


Roasted Balsamic Sweet Potatoes


Ingredients
  • 3 large sweet potatoes or yams
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • kosher salt, to taste (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Set aside.

In a large non-stick skillet, bring balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a boil. Turn down heat to medium-low, continue to simmer until vinegar begins to reduce and thicken. Stir in butter and salt. Heat through.

Add potatoes to pan and toss with sauce. Spread out onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until edges are slightly browned.





I'm sharing these sweet and savory taters over at I Heart Naptime, Crumbs and Chaos, Be Different Act Normal.

3 comments:

  1. I've been making sweet potatoes like this lately. Haven't tried the vinegar though, and I use waaay more brown sugar:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have roasted sweet potatoes on the menu tomorrow--I'll try this recipe, it looks delish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try this recipe, looks yummy!!!
    TFS..
    Kar :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...