Thursday, June 28, 2012

Coconut Lime Macaroons

These lime macaroons are the perfect baked good for summer. They require only a few ingredients and are super easy to make. The tartness of the lime pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the coconut. I had originally planned to dip the bottoms in dark chocolate...but why mess with a good thing? 

Perhaps, in the future I'll bathe them in chocolate, but for now I love these macaroons just the way they are.

Start with one can of sweetened condensed milk.

Zest two limes.

Add the zest and desired amount of juice (I only used 1 1/2) of two limes. Then stir in the vanilla and salt.

Finally, add in shredded coconut and flour. Stir well.

I scooped my macaroons out with this cookie dough scoop. I'm pretty sure it's the 1 Tbsp. size. It makes perfect little two-bite macaroons. Committing to anything bigger would be a lot of coconut for some people (not me, but I'm considerate).

Scoop macaroons onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. I got 24 macaroons out of one batch.

Bake macaroons at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top. 

I was impatient, so I cranked the oven temp. up to 350 degrees for the last few minutes to hurry the golden color along.

Enjoy your little bites of summer!

Coconut Lime Macaroons 

Ingredients
  • 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 limes, for zest and juice
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 5 1/3 cups (1 small bag) shredded coconut
  • 1/3-1/2 cup flour (less flour = gooey macaroons, more flour = sturdier macaroons)
Directions
Pour condensed milk into a large mixing bowl. Add the zest of two limes. Squeeze desired amount of juice from the two limes (I used 1 1/2 limes worth of juice, because the limes were extremely juicy, but you could certainly use both) into the bowl. Add vanilla and salt, then stir. Add coconut and flour; stir well. 

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a small cookie dough scoop to scoop small mounds coconut mixture onto parchment paper. Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes, or until top of macaroons become golden brown.

Yields 24 Small Macaroons





I'm sharing these lime macaroons over at Crumbs and Chaos, 30 Handmade Days, Something Swanky, Whipperberry, I Heart Naptime, An Original Belle.

6 comments:

  1. This looks yummy :) love to try them sometime. My daughters favorite flavor is lime and coconut ;) Lisbeth from land of the north: Norway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lisbeth! And from Norway (so cool). If your daughter loves lime and coconut as much as I do, she'll love these!

      Delete
  2. I was just looking for a simple macaroon recipe but all I could find was macarons! I might give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, macarons are everywhere right now!

      This macaroon recipe is so simple, which makes it easy to change up the flavors. So you could switch out the lime for almond...or orange...or chocolate - I could go on and on. Happy Macarooning! ;)

      Delete
  3. OMG they look greattt!!! I'm gonna try it :)

    I really like your blog, I'm following you now.

    Could you please check mine out?

    Thank youu :)

    xxx

    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  4. had no idea how easy macaroons were to make! these seem fancy too!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...