Friday, May 11, 2012

No Ordinary Cream Corn

About a month ago, I was frustrated and couldn't think of what to make for dinner. So Ryan volunteered to come up with something that night. I could hear him scavenging through our fridge and pantry, thinking to myself good luck. 

Then he walked out of the kitchen with this:

This is my Instagram photo of dinner that night. Look how delicious! I really do have the most amazing man. He stuffed a chicken breast with fresh jalapenos and grated cheese and served it over a bed of cream corn. I pretty much inhaled my plate and I never eat that fast.

Since then, we have both been obsessed with this cream corn recipe. We've probably made it at least five times in the last few weeks. We've made it for friends and family and there never seems to be enough on the table.

Rich, sweet, and salty - this cream corn is our new go-to side dish.



No Ordinary Cream Corn

Adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients
  • 20 oz. frozen corn kernels, thawed
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
In a large skillet, combine corn, cream, sugar, salt, pepper, and butter over medium heat. Whisk together the milk and flour, then stir into corn mixture.

Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan. Serve warm.

Yields: 5-6 servings.






I'm sharing this yummy side dish over at It's a Piece O' Cake, Crumbs and Chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...