Monday, April 30, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

I stumbled upon this recipe late last night. So, of course, Ryan and I made 'em first thing this morning. It was a total team effort and we rocked it! These pancakes pack all of the flavor of a baked cinnamon roll, while feeling less heavy and dense. They're also super easy to make. Go on, try 'em...you know you want to!

Check out that short stack of deliciousness! YUM.

After pouring your pancake batter on a hot griddle, it's time to hit it with a swirl of cinnamon! Use a ziplock bag with the corner cut off or a squeeze bottle (if you have one lying around like we did). And who says you have to stick with the swirl? You could get creative and draw a heart, a happy face, or a secret love note of cinnamon.

Make sure to use a non-stick griddle and not to use cooking spray, if you want that golden brown color. Keep a wet paper towel on stand-by to wipe of the griddle between hot cakes. 

One cinnamon roll short stack coming up!

At first I thought I could pour the cream cheese glaze in the center, so that it would slowly ooze off of the edges for a scrumptious photo op. Turns out it just stays put, in a pile on top of the pancake.

 So take it from me, it's better to just drizzle the cream cheese glaze across. 

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Adapted from Big Red Kitchen

Ingredients
For the pancakes:
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cup milk
For the cinnamon filling:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
For the cream cheese drizzle:
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 4 Tbsp. milk
Directions
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for pancake batter using an electric hand mixer. Batter will seem runny, but it will thicken a bit as it sits. Set pancake batter aside.

In a medium bowl, beat together melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon just until smooth. Transfer cinnamon filling to a ziplock bag, or a condiment squeeze bottle (like we did). Set bag or bottle of filling aside.

Using a hand mixer, blend together ingredients for the cream cheese drizzle. Once cream cheese mixture is smooth, set aside.

Heat a large non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Ladle desired amount of pancake batter onto griddle. Using squeeze bottle, or ziplock bag with corner snipped off, squeeze cinnamon filling onto pancake batter in a swirl motion. Once bubbles form evenly throughout pancake, flip it. Then cook for another minute or so. Use a wet paper towel to wipe off griddle between each pancake.

Once done, serve cinnamon roll pancake drizzled with cream cheese mixture. Use a spoon to easily drizzle over the pancakes. Serve pancakes warm with a tall glass of milk.









I'm sharing these pancakes over at Mrs. Happy HomemakerCrafty Scrappy Happy, Not Just a HousewiveA Glimpse Inside, House of Hepworths, 52 MantelsMommy By Day Crafter By Night, The 36th Avenue, Somewhat Simple, Something Swanky, Live Laugh RoweUnveil Your Genius30 Handmade Days, Shine On Friday, It's Just Called Spicy, Cookie Nut Creations, Kojo Designs, Whipperberry, 5 Days 5 Ways, 504 Main, I Heart Naptime, Crumbs and Chaos. Head over there to find more great ideas!

Thank you Abbie at Five Days Five Ways for featuring my cinnamon pancakes!

13 comments:

  1. These look fantastic! I've pinned this recipe. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I must try!

    -Theresa
    http://ahappyscrappylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hope you do! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Just waiting for my husband to wake up so I can pour the batter on the griddle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look SO good. :) I just found your blog via Pinterest, and had to let you know, it's so cute and bright and refreshing that I pretty much hit Subscribe the second the page finished loading. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you like it. Thank you so much for subscribing! It's nice to get positive feedback, since half the time I feel like I don't know what I'm doing in the blogosphere. :)

      Delete
  5. These look out-of-this-world delicious!

    Featuring you tomorrow for Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!

    Thanks for linking up! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried these this morning! They didn't turn out as pretty, though :( But they sure were delicious and we ate them anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm not trying to photograph to share on my blog, I'm less concerned with making them pretty and more concerned with getting them in my belly sooner. :) Hey, as long as they taste good, I'll eat ugly pancakes any day of the week. So glad you tried them!

      Delete
  7. these look sooooo yummy. seriously, I'm drooling over here. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made these for dinner tonight. It was EPIC!! didn't turn out as pretty but I was using a whole wheat pancake mix. Thanks for the recipe! I will be doing this again in the near future

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...