Wednesday, February 1, 2012

{Free} Mustache Bookmark Printables



I recently got Photoshop and I've been trying to learn how to work its magic. Inspired by these Valentines from Plum Adorable, I decided to make mustache bookmarks for my little sister's birthday. I started with photos of my baby nephew in Photoshop and then ran with it. It was worth it for the sheer amusement; I laughed out loud so many times (Ryan gave me the "you're weird" eyebrow lift). My nephew is just too cute, especially with a Mario Brothers' mustache.


I made the bookmarks to accompany the first two books of The Hunger Games trilogy in her birthday package. If you haven't yet, you should must read these books! They're pretty addicting.


To start, I used my sister's instagram photos of the baby, but any photo cropped down to a square will work. Then I googled "free mustache clip art." Here's a 'stache that I used. I used Photoshop to add the mustaches to the photos. If you don't have Photoshop, I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing with Pixlr for free!


I then came up with mustache-related sayings. Only one is actually related to reading...oh well! After printing the bookmarks off, I cut 'em out and glued 'em to cardstock in a contrasting color.

You can download the bookmarks below (of course sans baby photo). If you don't have Photoshop, you can print the bookmarks out and glue a photo of your choice on top. Then do an old-school mustache doodle with a sharpie.



I'm lucky enough to have a laminator at home, or should I say I "stole" it from my sister (she wasn't using it anyway). So I ran the bookmarks through the laminator, that way they'll hold up to more wear and tear from all that page saving. If you don't have a laminating machine, you can use self-sticking laminating sheets (find 'em at office supply stores).


I decided not to add tassels to the bookmarks. I've added them in the past, but the knots slip undone against the lamination.

For the wrapping I used: brown paper, scrapbook paper, and double-stick tape.



 I also designed this in Photoshop and framed it. I got the idea from It's Overflowing. Cute right?

I sent the package off a few days ago. I think she'll love it!

Happy 24th birthday to my little sister, Chelsea!

She's gorgeous, hilarious, smart, talented and now a great mommy.

I miss her and the little man all the time. I can't wait to see them when they visit in March!

Bon anniversaire ma jolie soeur.


Pin It

I'm sharing this project over at Little Lucy Lu, Whipperberry, 30 Handmade Days, Cookie Nut Creations, Crafty Scrappy Happy, Skip to my Lou, C.R.A.F.T., The Girl Creative, Destination: Craft, Giggles Glitz and Glam, Today's Creative Blog, and CraftOManiac. There's lots of great ideas, go check 'em out!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh how I LOVE your entire post! I love the book marks, I adore the books {just finished reading them} and love the wrapping! Also I have to say I love your printable too!!!!! :o) Thank you SO much for sharing and for the inspiration! :o) And thank you for linking up to Crafty Scrappy Happy's big blog party!!!!
    :o)
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for hosting the party! I figured out how to add the free printables into the post. Just in case you'd like to make some mustache bookmarks of your own.

      Delete
  2. I really really love these bookmarks - thanks for sharing! Karima

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley! Stopping by from C.R.A.F.T. link party. The book marks are great! and so funny! Thanks for sharing!
    Greetings from Spain
    http://handmadebyizz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...