Sunday, October 9, 2011

Robot Baby Shower : Food Details

I wanted to share with you some of the food details from the baby shower. Below are little wrapped chocolates. I like to use Hershey's Nuggets. Ryan printed robot images onto file folder labels and then simply wrapped them around the chocolates. Return address labels are also the perfect size for these little nuggets.



I also used the Robot Party Cricut cartridge to make these super cute cupcake toppers. The mom-to-be requested her favorite: rainbow chip cupcakes. We also made chocolate fudge cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Oh yeah!


            


I know it may be unusual to have adult beverages at a baby shower, but it was at the request of the mommy-to-be. She wanted everyone to be able to enjoy a cocktail, even though she couldn't. What a gal!

I made lemonade and then had raspberry and pink lemonade flavored vodka on the side so that guests could spike their drinks as they please. Ryan suggested sangria as another option. We used the recipe below from allrecipes.com. It was rather tasty. The recipe was a little different from most sangrias I've tasted, but everyone loved it.

            
Sangria Recipe from allrecipes.com, thanks Hjacoby!
  • 1 (750 mL) bottle of dry red wine
  • 1/2 cup brandy
  • 1/2 cup triple sec
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
  • sliced lemon, lime and orange
  • 8 maraschino cherries
  • 2 cups club soda
Mix together the wine through the sugar. Add the sliced fruit and cherries. The longer you let the fruit soak, the more flavor there will be. Add in the club soda just before serving. This recipe makes about 6 cups worth of sangria. I quadrupled the recipe to fill the drink dispenser.

I also came across an ingenious tip. Usually, you add ice to a large drink container...ice melts...drink tastes watered down. :( Avoiding the watered down taste is as easy as filling an ice cube tray with whatever you will be drinking. Some of you may be thinking...duh, but it had never dawned on me to do it before now. So I made up some lemonade, the night before the shower, and filled 3 trays.

Photos by the beautiful Sarah B from MissSarahLou



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...