Saturday, September 17, 2011

Caprese Panini

Ryan and I just bought a panini maker. 3 days later...I don't know how I ever lived without one! It takes only a couple of minutes to create an amazing sandwich.

I love love love Caprese salad, which is weird since I'm not the biggest fan of tomatoes. It's just so light and fresh. With fresh mozzarella sitting in my fridge and an out-of-control basil plant on my porch, I decided to make a Caprese panini.

All you need is:
  • Bread, sturdy and thickly sliced (I used sourdough from Trader Joe's)
  • Fresh mozzarella 
  • Tomato
  • Basil leaves
  • Olive oil
  • Salt 
  • Fresh ground black pepper



The ooey-gooey cheese, the crispy bread and the fragrant basil make a heavenly sandwich, let me tell you! If you don't own a panini maker yet, add it to your Christmas list. It's so worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...